What is Hopsters’ mission?
“To foster a community of beer lovers to connect, learn, create and have fun through beer.”
- Collaboration – Hopsters will be the birthplace for great beer. Our members will have an integral part in designing and voting on what we brew. The beer will not simply be the Brewery’s beers, but will truly be a reflection of our members and belong to them.
- Education – We believe that beer education will foster a deeper appreciation for beer. We will promote beer education through a range of on-site activities that will develop according to the wishes of our members and size of the brewery.
- Community – Hopsters plans to be a viable member in the local community and across Australia. We look forward to building relationships with craft brewers, other co-ops and local businesses.
What is a co-operative?
A co-operative is a business owned and operated by the people it serves. Hopsters Co-operative Brewery is owned by you, our members.
Why should I become a member? What are member benefits?
Become a member and be a brewery owner! How cool is that? Member benefits include:
- A vote in beer and key business decisions
- Dividends are only payable if the board decide on it and will only occur if profit and cashflow allows it.
- Invitations to member-only events at the brewery, like tastings and homebrew education classes
- Discounts on brewery merchandise
- Being part of a community of like-minded beer lovers
- As the co-operative develops, the Board of Directors may add new benefits as discretion warrants.
How much is membership?
Membership is $250 for a lifetime membership
Is the membership fee annual?
No, membership is for life. There’s lots of great beer to try.
How do I become a member?
New members must complete the Membership Application form online, agree to the terms and conditions and pay the Membership Fee.
Besides my member vote, are there other ways for me to participate in operating the brewery?
Yes. Hopsters Co-operative Brewery is only going to be as successful as the membership is active. Members can run for open seats on the Board of Directors. Members can serve on Co-operative Committees and there is no shortage of things to do. We have committees in the following disciplines: membership, marketing, systems, finance, legal and more. And, as a member, you can enter our brewing contests to have your recipe on tap!
Are there any restrictions to membership?
Membership is open to NSW residents who are 18 years of age or older.
Can I invest more than the membership level and earn a bigger dividend?
Yes! Please get in touch by email: email@example.com
Brewing competitions? What are those?
Hopsters was founded by a bunch of home brewers and craft beer lovers who dreamed the dream of “going pro.” We want to offer that same thrill of having your beer on tap at the Brewery. We foresee holding regular member tasting events that will double as brewing competitions with winners’ recipes being brewed and served at the tap room.
When is Hopsters brewery opening?
We already are! Hopsters Cooperative Brewery Taproom officially opened on March 7, 2020.
Where is Hopsters Brewery?
You can find Hopsters taproom at 198 Enmore Rd, Enmore.
What beers are on tap?
Along with our core range, we feature a rotating selection of craft beer (+ cider and lemonade) from some of the finest craft breweries across NSW.
Is food available at the taproom?
Yes, our good friends at Epic Pizza supply our guests with fresh, hot, delicious pizza for you to enjoy!
What milestones have you completed so far?
Here are just some of the items we’ve ticked off our list:
- Co-operative Rules & Disclosure Statement
- Incorporation with Fair Trading in October 2016
- Set up Committees – Beer, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Architecture & Construction etc
- Three beer competitions and three wining beers – IPA, Pale Ale and a Saison.
- Taproom opened March 2020
How can I stay informed and spread the word?
- Sign up for our mailing list.
- Follow us on Facebook (@HopstersAU).
- Tell your friends!